Sunday, June 12, 2011

Quiet Sundays

The last open weekend at the Iris Garden ended nicely, beautiful weather and some lovely people.  On to the next adventure.
Had a great pancake breakfast on the veranda and discovered the head mouser had kittens in the climbing honeysuckle.  Her 4 new babies are safely ensconced in a hanging pot 6 feet above the ground and completely obscured by leaves.  We look forward to these new additions as there have been 2 or 3 dead voles out in the drive every morning.  I think our pride needs reinforcements!
 I spent most of the day icing my wrists after doing a face plant on the concrete in the barn Saturday.  Stella (our St. Bernard) was helping and wove through my legs just as I was turning back around to feed the young pullets, bam down like a sack of bricks.  She was kind enough to break part of my fall – resulting I suppose in my not breaking my wrists…sigh, what I wouldn’t give to heal like a five year old! 
Did only a couple of hours today on the mower before cooking down;  came in to my wrist ice packs, a good book and a sun beam in the office.  Needless to say I slept a good nap this afternoon.  All the while Derek helped customers, welded the new roof (a recycled canopy) onto our up and coming chook house and stacked unusable wood by our campfire.  When I emerged MUCH later we shared a big bowl of fresh salad greens and a drink by the fire and listened to the owls by the creek.   
I do love Sundays!
 kw

No comments:

Post a Comment